Colin Powell’s family announced his passing on Monday, saying the former Secretary of State died from complications of COVID-19.
The conversation following his death is not easily broken down into left and right, so here’s a summary of the prevailing narratives.
To some, Powell was a man of integrity.
- “He made history as the first black Secretary of State.”
- “He was a patriot who dedicated his life to the service of his country.”
- “Powell bravely opposed, and ultimately left, his party due to key issues like the events on January 6th.”
To others, he was a war criminal.
- “Powell pushed for war in Iraq on false evidence.”
- “He attempted to cover up war crimes in Vietnam, including the My Lai massacre.”
To still others, he should be remembered as both.
Circumstances of Powell’s death
Some are discussing that he died while fully vaccinated…
…while others are talking about his battle with blood cancer, which compromised his immune system.